A missive from Tim over at the Contrast Podcast:
November is upon us again, so it’s time to think about the Contrast Podcast Festive 50. This year it will be on episodes 194, 195 & 196 from the 15th to the 29th of December. So here is what I need you, your friends, the readers of your blog, your milkman and anyone else you know to do:
1. Choose up to 50 (yes fifty) songs that were released in 2009 that you like. If you can only think of 10 .. don’t worry .. I’d still like to know what they are.
2. Send the list to me at email@example.com starting with your favourite track at number 1.
3. Do this by Sunday 15th November at the latest .. and try to get other people to vote too .. please!!
4. I will compile a short list of the top 100 songs which we will vote on to be in the top 50 and then start inviting people to record introductions.
5. Any questions? …. good … get thinking!
Last year’s Festive 50 was a ton of fun to participate in, and it’s not limited to bloggers – anyone can contribute. Today I started to compile my 2009 list, though it will require some serious re-listening in order to complete the agonising process of actually ranking each track.
Here are the top 5 tracks from last year:
What will the Festive 50 look like this year? It’s up to you!