I nicked this idea from Music Like Dirt, who in turn pinched it from somewhere else. The idea is to put your music player of choice on random and note the opening line of 21 tracks in a row. The idea is not to skip any, though I did flick past instrumentals and spoken word stuff and Sigur Ros and artist double ups. So it’s not strictly the first 21 from my shuffle list, but it’s pretty close. Your job is to see if you can figure out what the songs are. Answer in the comments and no googling you big cheater!
1. Tell me all you know, what was that old story that you told?
2. Winter’s been real long this year I know cos I’ve been there
3. Got a secret, can you keep it, swear this one you’ll save
A cripple walks amongst you, all you tired human beings The Modern Leper – Frightened Rabbit
5. Through the storms and the light baby you stood by my side
So of course you are supposed to call me tonight I’ll Kill Her – Soko
7. I see love and beauty all around, I also see the sadness that’s embedded in your frown
I’d rather shoot a woman than a man Okkervil River – Oh Dana
9. This scene is dead but I’m still restless
Let it never be said that the romance is dead Ruby – Kaiser Chiefs
11. Shall I tell you a story, yeah you’ve heard it before
12. Well I’m going to see you soon in Amsterdam
13. When you’re looking through the eyes of love there’s nothing you can’t do
14. I said darlin’ why so blue?
15. I was sick in my mouth because of the fear of the scent of the next girlfriend
16. Am I supposed to walk you home when you’re at least 50 feet ahead?
Sometimes when this place gets kinda empty the sound of your breath fades with the light Under The Milky Way – The Church
I need another place…will there be peace? Antony & The Johnsons – Another World
19. You with the sad eyes, don’t be discouraged though I realise
Still don’t know what I was waiting for and my time was running wild Changes – David Bowie
When I was a young boy my mama said to me Whole Wide World – Wreckless Eric
Post title from this catchy number…
And some more…
I’m feeling tornados, blood drips off the town now
She’s always funny in the morning, she’s isn’t always funny in the night